Performance management is a much mis-used term, but traditionally meant the art of improving performance through influencing the workforce. It is often now associated with financial planning products which help close the loop between reporting performance against targets and setting those targets to start with. It can also be used to mean simply defining key performance indicators (KPIs).
At Kellerton, we simply mean helping to improve business performance. This has a number of key elements where data is the primary factor:
- Maximising the use of data to drive business strategy
- Ensuring data is clean and available to measure business performance
- Measuring performance in line with and to help communicate business strategy
- Increasing productivity in access to and use of data
- Aligning financial and non-financial data