Higher Education is a key sector for Kellerton with a strong background advising on BI strategy and solutions at UK universities and a number of interesting recent projects as well as some specific software products. Read more about our work at Plymouth University or have a look at our sample visual planning tool.
Good information on the current student body and new student recruitment remains a key factor in strategic financial planning for a constantly evolving market from a student choice, fees and international recruitment perspective.
Having worked with a number of the larger teaching institutions as well as some red bricks, Managing Partner Chris Kwouk says “With a high burden of external reporting that every University is geared up to produce, the gaps are often with the internal data, either getting practical “bums on seats” numbers to plan teaching resources or in truly combining data to enable income and capital planning to match market expectations, portfolio and resource planning.”
We’ve been working with a number of Universities recently including The University of Exeter, Northumbria University, The University of Greenwich, Bournemouth University and Plymouth University. Projects have included two full strategic reviews, a BI portal, a technical review and BI dashboards on integrated data and visual planning tools at another. We also work with many other institutions who have installed our HEIDI API adapter.
We can help with a number of key requirements in the sector including:
- Management information and business intelligence review and road-map
- Corporate, strategic, financial and student number planning. “What if” analysis and scenario modelling
- Performance management: KPI definition, dashboards and reporting
- Automation of external returns (HESA and HESES) and operational reporting
- Data warehouse and reporting solutions for student numbers, recruitment, finance and HR